Diagnostics using isothermal DNA amplification (LAMP, RT-LAMP)
Protean Ltd. has developed technology for a simple
detection of various pathogens and specific DNA and RNA sequences
based on the isothermal amplification technique. The technology profits from in-house
production of amplification enzymes BstI
DNA polymerase and ProRT
Reverse Transcriptase and fully complies with CE IVD certification standards. A patent application was filed for the technological solution of this diagnostics.
Easy on laboratory equipment and staff - it can be done in any laboratory, no PCR cycler required.
Results are available within one hour - with the ability to read results with the naked eye or mobile (also spectrophotometrically).
Huge test throughput - hundreds of samples can be analyzed at once.
Significant cost reduction over traditional PCR assays while maintaining the same sensitivity and specificity.
The test kit RT-LAMP Assay SARS-CoV2 is intended for diagnostics
of SARS-CoV-2 virus in isolated viral RNA samples - for 45
RT-LAMP (reverse transcription and loop-mediated isothermal amplification) allows amplification of nucleic acids with a
high specificity, efficiency and speed under isothermal conditions - ie.
at constant temperature, achievable in incubators, hybridization ovens or
dry blocks. The results are reliably read based on the color change by naked
eye. The test includes detection of SARS-CoV2 virus and detection of internal control (IC) for
correct sampling and processing.
- Reagent box for 45 tests
- A bag containing a 96-well PCR plate and a lid plate with the stain in a light-tight container. It should be stored at room temperature in the original light-tight container or in the dark.
Necessary material not supplied with the kit
- Automatic and multichannel pipettes
- Appropriate reservoir for reaction mixtures
- Pipette tips with RNAse and DNAse free aerosol filters
- Plate incubation device at 63°C.
- Equivalent sensitivity with qPCR to Ct 36-38
- Corresponds to 10 copies of the virus per ul of the sample